There is a very useful article from www.YogaWorkoutHQ.com entitled Simple Yet Highly Refreshing Restorative Yoga that talks about the benefits of restorative yoga, and recommends restorative yoga, easy asanas which anyone can do, for stress relief. These postures are also great nighttime yoga before going to sleep. Yoga before bedtime is one of the best, non medicated, gentle and relaxing ways to fall asleep naturally.
Those recommended asanas are:
- Child Pose (Balasana Yoga Pose)
- Happy Baby
- Half Happy Baby
- Reclining Knee to Shoulder
- Reclining Eagle Twist
- Reclining Goddess
- Corpse Pose (Savasana Pose)
- Cow Face Pose (Gomukhasana Yoga Pose)
- Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana Yoga Pose)
- Supported Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
I suggest doing these, or some of these with 10-20 slow, deep breathing, longer if it feels great.
This article is originally from www.YogaWorkoutHQ.com