80/20: Resolution and First Practice

After much thought, and for my own finances, my New Year’s Resolution is to stick to my 20, do the 20% that has the most payoff, or the most profitable, or that allows me to be the most productive. Conversely, try to avoid the other 80%. This is the 80/20 rule, as in the article “The 80/20 Rule of Time Management: Stop Wasting Your Time“.

My first test: a clogged toilet. I plunged and snaked with a coat hanger without success.

My options:

  • Pull the toilet, clean it from below, and snake right into the drain, then put the toilet on, tricky as it is because it requires a double ring of wax because of the height of the tiles. Would probably take almost a full day for me.
  • Call a plumber.

I called a plumber.

First test of the 80/20 rule for me this year.

Leave a Reply